The ABCs of School Web Design
What type of school
will your website serve?
- Public educational websites serving schools or service organizations providing information for public consumption
- Private schools and institutions that generally charge tuition, either as a non-profit organization or as a commercial training business, which could range from vocational training to day-care facilities.
Why Are Private Schools Websites Different?
Private school and Educational websites are unique. They generally serve several types of audience at the same time, for several different school stakeholders. This makes them a lot more complicated from a marketing prospective. These types of school websites are our specialty at KO Websites, Inc. Here is a partial list of possible website visitors to a private school website that must be considered and accounted for:
- Current Students
- Prospective students
- Current Parents and/or Family who may be paying the tuition
- Prospective New Parents and Family who are shopping schools
- The surrounding community (Public Relations)
- Teachers/Faculty and Administrators
- Prospective Faculty and Administrators
Additionally, private schools are often focused on raising additional funds through donations and special event fundraisers.
See our newest web design release for Redwood Christian Schools (www.RCS.edu) at Bay Area Christian School.
What To Consider For Commercial and Vocational School Websites?
Although somewhat less complicated from an audience marketing perspective, the commercial school website engineering can be more complicated, especially if offering online courses and testing. KO Websites has hands-on experience with these needs as well; we have been developing successful commercial teaching, coaching and school websites for over 18 years. Here is a sample of an online Construction Management School.
For more samples and information on how we can help your school website project succeed, please contact us today at 510-276-9902, or use our contact form in the right column.